Minimum 6 passengers to operate
Twin Share Per Person
|03 May||18 Oct|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $300|
- Airfares, taxes & fuel surcharges departing Sydney or Melbourne with a full service Chinese carrier (e.g. China Southern/Eastern Airlines, Air China, China/Hainan/Sichuan/Xiamen Airlines subject to availability) or other Asian carrier (e.g. Vietnam/Thai/Malaysia Air)
- Round trip airport & hotel transfers
- 15 nights 4 to 5 star (local rating) hotel accommodation
- 4 nights standard cabin with private balcony aboard Yangtze River Cruise (twin share only)
- 3 shore excursions (subject to change and favourable weather conditions, excludes optional excursions)
- Daily meals as indicated on the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All transportation: coach, cruise, rail, internal flights (operated by a local carrier)
- Admissions to scenic attractions
- English-speaking tour guide(s)
- Prepaid tipping: $250
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- China visa for Australian passport holders present in Australia
- Personal expenses & any optionals
- Airline Upgrade^: Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines from $500
- Interstate Surcharges: Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth $300 (flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne)
- Early Arrival/Stay Behind Surcharge: From $250 subject to availability and applicable fare difference
- Pre/Post-Tour Accommodation in China (w/breakfast): From $150/twin room/night
- Business Class Upgrade^: China Eastern or China Southern Airlines from $2500, Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines from $4100 (subject to availability)
- Child Price: Same as adult
- Please Note: Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 2 weeks before departure and involve transits
- (~) Land Only price excludes international airfares and China visa application fees, includes all other tour arrangements within China
^ International long haul sectors only.
Stopovers Optional Extension
Hong Kong & Macau 4 Day 3 Night Self-Guided Stopover from $1199
Once a sleepy fishing village, Hong Kong has now developed into one of the premiere financial powerhouses of Asia. It is a city which boldly blends the modern with Chinese heritage and British colonial influence. A safe, well organised, fast paced shopping paradise, it also offers up some unmatched cuisine experiences. Dine on some of the best yum cha and wonton noodle soup in the world, or a taste of more unusual culinary delights such grass jelly or shredded jellyfish.
Macau is a small peninsula in mainland China, across the Pearl River Delta from Hong Kong. A Portuguese overseas territory until 1999, it reflects a mix of Portuguese and Chinese influences. Its giant casinos and extravagant malls have earned it the nickname, the ‘Las Vegas of Asia’. Macau’s more striking landmarks include the 338m-high Macau Tower, along with the Grand Lisboa Hotel/Casino, and the more recent Morpheus Hotel.
- 3 nights hotel accommodation (twin/double share)
- Hotel buffet breakfast
- Round trip airport and hotel transfers
- Half day Hong Kong Island sightseeing tour
- Macau day tour, lunch and round trip ferry tickets
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel 4 star or similar
- Single Supplement: $275
- Alternative hotel upgrade options are available upon request
- Note: To book this stopover, the airline must first be upgraded to Cathay Pacific, which is included in the above price.
Hotel Accommodation Optional Extension
|Beijing||Wyndham Beijing North or similar|
|Xi’an||Titan Times Hotel or similar|
|Yangtze River Cruise||Yangtze Gold Cruise or similar|
|Chengdu||Sheraton Hotel or similar|
|Guilin||Grand Link Hotel or similar|
|Yangshuo||Jasper International Hotel or similar|
|Suzhou||Pan Pacific Hotel or similar|
|Wuzhen||Wuzhen Lodge or similar|
|Shanghai||Wyndham Bund East Hotel or similar|
Get to know China better with our list of in-depth activities recommended to add another dimension to your trip.
All optional activities can be prepaid in Australia more than 30 days prior to departure at the discounted AUD prices below, or paid directly in the local currency to your tour guide upon arrival in China. English speaking guide, admissions and round trip transfers are included in the prices. Prepay for all optional programs to receive a $15 discount off the total price. English speaking guide, admissions and round trip transfers are included in the price.
Price Per Person (AUD)
|Beijing||The Golden Mask Dynasty||$75|
|Beijing||Chinese Kung-Fu Show||$75|
|Yangshuo||Impression Liu San Jie||$80|
|Shanghai||Chinese Acrobatic Show||$75|
|Shanghai||Huangpu River Cruise||$40|
Testimonials Optional Extension
I am writing to commend you on an excellent tour. My husband and I, in our sixties, have just returned from a 22 day Grand Tour of China and at all stages we found the trip to be well organised and enjoyable. Your selection of hotels and restaurants was always of a very high standard. The itinerary was also busy and varied, and at all times we felt safe and comfortable.
Our tour guide Jackie Cheung was exceptional. He kept us informed and entertained and we all developed a friendly relationship with him that made our experience all the more enjoyable. Many times Jackie exceeded his role to give each of the people in his care the best possible experience, and he was always pleasant, in control and very well organized. Also, the selection of local guides was much appreciated. Their knowledge and bright manner helped make our tour even more interesting and entertaining.
There were many many highlights. However, overall, we have nothing but praise for such a wonderful trip. The planning and organisation was amazing and we will definitely recommend Nexus to future travellers.
(Linda Colless. September 16, 2016 at 4:49)