Minimum no. 6 passengers
Twin Share Per Person
|05 Mar*||10 Sep|
|19 Mar||24 Sep|
|09 Apr||08 Oct*|
|23 Apr||22 Oct*|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge $250 per person|
Day 1: Australia Delhi
Fly to Delhi via a connecting city. On arrival, you will be met at the airport by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel.
Note: Depending on the city of departure, some flights may depart the night before (i.e. on Day 0). Flights will be via connecting cities and may involve more than one transit.
Day 2: Delhi
Enjoy a city tour of Old Delhi driving past UNESCO World Heritage Site Red Fort built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. Vist the largest mosque in India, Jama Masjid, and then, enjoy a rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk, one of the oldest markets in Delhi. After visiting Old Delhi, drive past the President House, Parliament House, India Gate and other buildings. Later, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Qutub Minar. This complex is a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture with its alternating angular and circular fluting and verses from the Quran inscribed on the sandstone exterior.
Day 3: Delhi Jaipur (Approx. 6hrs)
Drive to Jaipur this morning. On arrival, enjoy the rest of the day to explore the bustling local markets.
Day 4: Jaipur
Visit the stunning Amber Fort this morning and ascend the fort by jeep. This massive fort sits on a hill overlooking the beautiful Maota Lake. Although the fort is in ruins, the royal palaces, gardens and temples housed inside still retain much of their grandeur. Then, make a stop at the City Palace & Museum, a stunning palace complex divided into a series of regal courtyards, gardens and buildings. Make a brief pass by Hawa Mahal (‘Palace of Winds’), an enchanting five-storey pink sandstone palace built in the 18th century by the king of Jaipur, Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. Next visit Jantar Mantar, a fascinating collection of astronomical instruments that once was used to measure time, chart constellations and observe the planets and stars.
Day 5: Jaipur Fatehpur Sikri Agra (Approx. 5hrs)
Drive to Agra this morning. Enroute visit Fatehpur Sikri and Abhaneri.
Fatehpur Sikri is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and which was the capital of the Mughal Empire city during the 16th century. Today, this city’s buildings are still intact and showcase an excellent example of both Hindu and Muslim architectural styles. Drive onwards to Abhaneri, which is most famous for Chand Baori, a massive stepwell built to conserve rainwater.
Day 6: Agra Delhi (Approx. 4 hrs)
Wake up early this morning for a visit to the majestic Taj Mahal, one of the greatest monuments in the world. Later, visit Agra Fort, a massive red sandstone stronghold built on the banks of Yamuna River in 1565. The fort served as a military base and a royal residence during the Mughal reign over India. Return to Delhi today.
Day 7: Delhi Australia
Transfer to the airport to board your flights home via connecting cities.
Note: Depending on the city of departure and airline chosen, some flights may depart in the early morning hours on the following day (i.e. on Day 8). Flights will be via connecting cities and may involve more than one transit.
Day 8: Australia
Arrive home today.
- China Southern Airlines economy class international airfares, taxes and fuel surcharges departing Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth
- 6 nights hotel accommodation
- Daily breakfast
- Transportation & transfers:
- Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk
- Return shared jeep ride at Amber Fort
- Battery-operated bus from car park to Taj Mahal
- Entrance fee to sightseeing attractions:
- Delhi: Humayun’s Tomb
- Delhi: Qutub Minar
- Jaipur: Amber Fort
- Jaipur: City Palace & Museum
- Jaipur: Jantar Mantar Observatory
- Agra: Taj Mahal
- Local English-speaking tour guides
- India visa (mandatory)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Personal expenses and anything else not mentioned
- Interstate Surcharge: Adelaide $300 pp (flights may be via Sydney or Melbourne)
- Early Arrival/Stay Behind Surcharge: Delhi from $250 pp (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Pre/Post-Tour Accommodation (incl. breakfast): $150/person/night
- Airline Upgrade (economy class long haul int’l sectors): Singapore Airlines from $500 pp
- Business Class Upgrade (int’l long haul sectors): China Southern Airlines from $3,500 pp or Singapore Airlines from $5,000 pp (subject to availability and applicable fare difference)
- Triple Share: Available – foldout bed or additional mattress (subject to hotel availability)
- Child price: Same as adult
|Delhi||juSTa Greater Kailash or similar|
|Jaipur||Zone by The Park or similar|
|Agra||Crystal Sarovar Premiere or similar|
|Delhi||Ibis Aerocity or similar|