Road to Tibet with Yangtze River Cruise 21 Days
Beijing, Xi'an, Yangtze River Cruise, Chongqing, Lhasa, Shigatse, Chengdu
- Beijing: Walk on the incredible Great Wall, visit the Forbidden City, and see the 'Bird’s Nest' and 'Water Cube' Olympic venues
- Xi’an: Terracotta Warriors of China's first emperor, Dumpling Banquet, Shaanxi Provincial Museum, Ancient City Wall, Great Wild Goose Pagoda
- Yangtze River Cruise: Cruise down the magnificent Yangtze River and experience the record-breaking Three Gorges Dam
- Lhasa Express: Experience an unforgettable railway journey through breathtaking scenery, from Qinghai to Tibet
- Qinghai Lake: Marvel at enormous Qinghai Lake (China's largest at over 4000KM2), and admire its natural beauty and wildlife
- Lhasa: Discover the spiritual capital of Tibet, Lhasa, known as the heart and soul of Tibet and a city of wonders in itself
- Shigatse: Immerse yourself in the sacred Tibetan culture with visits to intricately-decorated palaces, holy monasteries, and religious temples
Envelop your senses and embrace your spiritual side with this scenic and cultural tour of China, including an incomparable rail trip to Tibet.
For centuries, Tibet – the 'roof of the world' – the once-mysterious Buddhist land locked away in the mountain fastness of the Himalayas, has exercised a unique hold on the imagination of the West. Tibet was once a great empire with a warlike people, who converted to the pacifist and contemplative doctrines of the Buddha, developing a unique take on his teachings of those of his disciples.
Closed to the world for centuries, and surviving cultural near-devastation, Tibet still offers the experience of fabulous monasteries, breathtaking religious artworks, stunning views of the world's highest mountains, and one of the most sincere and enduring peoples you will ever meet.
You will also discover the dramatic gorges, mountain villages, historic relics and breathtaking scenery as you cruise along the mighty Yangtze River. This 21 day tour is a visual delight, full of pleasant surprises and many treasures waiting to be discovered.