|2019||Price Per Person||Single Supplement|
|09 Jul*||24 Sep*||$2,500|
|21 May||23 Jul*||08 Oct|
|11 Jun*||13 Aug||22 Oct|
|25 Jun**||03 Sep|
|* = Peak Season Surcharge: $700
** = School Holiday Surcharge: $1000
- Return economy class international airfares and taxes flying Etihad Airways or a European Airline (subject to availability), departing Sydney or Melbourne.
Please Note: Flight itineraries are not available until approximately 2 weeks before departure. Some flights may depart one day later and may involve up to 2 transits per leg
- 9 nights accommodation in comfortable hotels, in twin rooms with private facilities. One night accommodation aboard Igoumenitsa to Brindisi ferry.
Please Note: Hotels will vary depending on group size and hence hotel information can only be ascertained within 5-7 days prior to departure. Double rooms and Triple share are not guaranteed and are subject to availability
- 7 nights in lead-in interior stateroom aboard MSC Sinfonia
- English speaking tour guide(s)
- City entrance fees and taxes
- Meals as detailed in the itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = Dinner)
- Return airport-hotel transfers
- Dedicated coach transportation
- Insurance: Basic insurance cover is provided for our clients. See below for details.
- Evening Transfer: Plaka neighbourhood in Athens, Via Cavour in Rome.
- City Tour in: Athens, Olympia, Rome, Florence, Venice
- Ticket Admissions: Coliseum, Saint Mark’s Basilica, Murano Glass Factory in Venice.
- Boat: Vaporetto along the canals in Venice.
- All optional activities, tours and attraction tickets not included in the itinerary (please see below for more detailed information)
- Tipping: Not mandatory on this tour. Please tip guides, drivers etc. at your discretion
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Visas (if applicable)
- Personal expenses
Optional Attractions and Activities Optional Extension
- Dinner and Folk Show in Plaka District: We will depart on the bus with our guide to the lively Plaka district at the foot of the Acropolis. We will have a taste of the typical local cuisine in one of its famous taverns and watch a dance performance from different regions of this fascinating country.
- PRICE: EUR50pp (approx. AUD78pp). Minimum participants: 15 persons. DURATION: 2h. INCLUDED: Transfers, guide, dinner and performance.
- Baroque Rome: Enjoy the great Rome of Bernini and Borromini, the great baroque Rome with its beautiful fountains, squares and obelisks. The Rome that the Popes created. We will make a complete tour taking in the Lungotevere, Ara Pacis, Porta Pinciana, Via Veneto, the Plaza de España with its wonderful fountain of the boat and its staircase Trinidad de los Montes, Trevi Fountain where you can fulfill the rite of throwing your coin, Piazza Colona, Pantheon (possibly the best preserved archaeological temple of ancient Rome), and finish in the extraordinary Piazza Navona. An important part of this excursion is done on foot.
- PRICE: EUR35pp (approx. AUD55pp). Minimum participants: 15 persons. DURATION: 2h 30m. INCLUDED: Entrance included to the Pantheon Transfers by bus. Local guide. Individual headphones connected directly with your local guide.
- Vatican Museums: ADMISSION TO THE VATICAN MUSEUMS IS LIMITED. PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO TRAVELERS WHO HAVE MADE RESERVATIONS IN ADVANCE. FOR THIS REASON, WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU BUY THIS EXCURSION IN ADVANCE THROUGH MY TRIP BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL IN EUROPE. We have organized a visit for the most interested passengers, accompanied by an expert guide. Visit the most important rooms of the Vatican Museums: gallery of tapestries, sculptures, paintings and other rooms in which we will have the opportunity to appreciate some of the most important works of art of the Classical and Renaissance periods. Our highlight will be the Sistine Chapel, dazzling after its brilliant restoration. Finally, we will visit the Basilica, where we can see Michelangelo´s Pieta, the Baldachin of San Pedro, and the Dome of Michelangelo
- PRICE: EUR70pp (approx. AUD110pp). Minimum participants: 15 persons. DURATION: 3h. INCLUDED: Admission to Vatican Galleries, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter’s Basilica. Specialized guide (max group per guide: 40 people). Right of entry to the Vatican included. Headset connected privately with your local guide.
- Tuscan Dinner: Discover the romance of Venice in perhaps the best way to be introduced to the city. Take a Gondola ride through the channels, with musicians who play beautiful Venetian ballads. Pass thruogh the beautiful canals until you reach the Grand Canal, where the most fantastic Venetian palaces are located.
- PRICE: EUR35pp (approx. AUD55pp). DURATION: 35min. INCLUDED: Tour on private gondolas along the canals. Musicians (1 tenor and one accordionist) for the gondola group.
- Gondola Ride: Enjoy a magnificent dinner in a Tuscan atmosphere. A group of musicians will set the mood for this beautiful evening. Taste the typical products of the region. Do you fancy an extraordinary Fiorentina steak? During dinner we can also enjoy live music; a pianist singer from Fiorentino will perform local and international music.
- PRICE: EUR55pp (approx. AUD86pp). DURATION: 3h. INCLUDED: Transport, guide, dinner, musical performance.
- Prices are given in Australian dollars are at the rate of exchange on the date of publication. Actual prices are in Euros, and may vary from those advertised, at the time of purchase.
- The number of people who can visit the VATICAN MUSEUMS is limited. Priority will be given to travellers who have made reservations in advance. For this reason, we recommend that you purchase your tickets for this excurion in advance through MY TRIP before your arrival in Europe.
- Please use the above as a reference only, as prices are subject to change. Some excursions are subject to minimum numbers and local conditions. You can only book optionals/pay taxes whilst on tour with the tour manager, who will also collect payment in cash only (Euros).
Insurance Optional Extension
Basic insurance cover is provided for our clients during the land component of this tour only. The policy comes into effect on arrival at the destination and commencement of the tour proper. Consequently, it does not include incidents during flights, cruises, or early arrivals or stay-behinds.
- Medical expenses: €3,000*
- Dentistry expenses: €60
- Extended hospitalisation due to illness or accident: €80/day. Max. 10 Days
- Transfer of sick or wounded persons: Unlimited
- Transfer of mortal remains: Unlimited
- Return of accompanying insured persons: Unlimited
- Sending of medicines abroad: Included
- Travel of one person to accompany the hospitalised insured person: Unlimited
- Accommodation and allowances for the person accompanying the hospitalised insured person: €80/day. Max. 10 Days
- Return of the insured person in the event of the death of a realtive: Unlimited
- Search for and location of luggage: Included
- Sending of urgent messages (arising from guarantees): Included
- Loss, damage and theft of luggage: €30/item, Max. €300
- Delayed luggage attributable to land operator exceeding 12 hours: €100
- Accident insurance – death caused by an accident during trip: €2,500
- Accident insurance – disability caused by an accident during trip: €6,000
*Excess amount of €50/claim, payable by the insured person
This insurance has limited cover and does not include impolrtant elements such as electronic equipment, loss, theft, breakage or minor damage (handles/scratches/wheels) to luggage, cash, jewels or valuable goods, eve if they are in hotel rooms/ship cabins. If your luggage is worth more than the insurance cover, we suggest you declare it before starting the tour and take out extra insurance that provides additional cover.
Nexus Holidays declines all responsibility in cases in which the insurance company considers that the policy does not cover the expenses claimed by the passenger, regardless of the reasons.
Nexus Holidays advises all clients to take out additional insurance with additional cover to that stated above.
Hotel AccommodationOptional Extension
The hotels we use are carefully selected to provide you with a comfortable stay in a relaxing environment. All the hotel we use are three to four star, with continental breakfast included. A selection of our preferred hotels in our main destinations is listed below. As the hotels are generally not in the downtown area, we cannot guarantee that there is transportation to the city except for taxis. Please note that hotels will vary depending on group sizes and hence hotel information can only be ascertained within 5-7 days prior to departure.
|Athens||Novotel Athenes or similar|
|Olympia||Olympic Village Hotel Resort Spa or similar|
|Rome||Cristoforo Colombo or similar|
|Florence||Conference Florencia or similar|
|Venice||Albatros Hotel or similar|