Best of Japan 10 Days 2017
This tour starts with five days based in Osaka, allowing you convenient access to nearby cities Hiroshima, Nara, and Kyoto. Hiroshima offers a poignant reminder of the August 6, 1945 atomic bombing of the city. In Nara, you'll have the opportunity to meet the famous deer of Nara Park, which roam freely among the temples of the city. Speaking of temples, Kyoto has more than 2000 of them, and you'll get to see the incredible Kinkakuji ('Golden Pavilion') a Zen temple covered in gold, and UNESCO World Heritage site. Travelling northwards, the tour visits the iconic Mount Fuji and its scenic surrounds, before visiting Tokyo for some final sightseeing and shopping before heading for home.
- Take a cruise to Itsukushima Shrine, best known for its 'floating torii' in the sea, the gate to Itsukushima.
- Visit the Atomic Bomb Dome and Museum to learn about the history of Hiroshima
- Explore the modem city Osaka, with boisterous nightlife & hearty street food
- Feed the gentle sika deer at Nara Park
- Dive into the deep culture of Kyoto
- Pray for your fortune at the beautiful Heian Jingu Shrine
- Drink from clear springs at the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Loosen your muscles overnight at a traditional hot spring (onsen)
- Explore the bustling capital Tokyo and experience traditional Japanese culture and heritage.
From the end of March through early April, when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, people gather in parks in a Japanese tradition known as hanami (flower viewing).
From June to August, it is the best time to view fresh spring greens and enjoy the warm climate.
From the end of October through early November is the best season of the year for viewing the vibrant crimson maple leaves in Japan. You can feel the fragile beauty of the changing seasons from observing nature. The fiery red is a true spectacle.
NOTE: Cherry blossoms and crimson autumn leaves are highly seasonal and subject to climatic conditions. These are historically the best times to view the blooms, but we can’t guarantee they will flower on these dates.